What personal data we collect
- When you create your account, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, profile picture, email address, date of birth, password, mailing address, phone number, and contact preferences.
- When you purchase a service or product from us, whether on our site or through our applications, we may collect transaction information, including your name, mailing address, and payment information.
- When you invite others to participate in Jawger Services, Jawger may collect the information you provide about those people such as name and email address. Jawger will use such information to fulfill your request and nothing more. Jawger does not access nor use this information to automatically associate, combine, and share with other Jawger Members, third-parties, or Jawger data.
- When you submit User Generated Content. Jawger may facilitate requests to share your User Generated Content with other Members but does not access User Generated Content for any other purpose.
How we use your personal data
- We may use your personal data to provide you with the products and services you request.
- We may share your Account's default profile name and picture with other Members whom you are not connected that are invited to posts and JoinINs for which you have also been invited.
- We may use your personal data, including date of birth, to verify identity and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of a Member to determine the appropriate services.
- We may use your personal data to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. This information is important to your interaction with Jawger, therefore, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may use your personal data to keep you posted on Jawger's latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don't want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime.
- We may use the information you provide for a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion to administer those programs.
Here are some examples of non-personal data Jawger may collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as language, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone to better understand customer behavior and improve and optimize our products, services, and advertising.
- We may use non-personal data collected to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- When you opt-in to a Jawger service that is performed by a third party on our behalf, like customer service, merchant services, image publishing services and package delivery services; we will only share the minimum personal data, if any, to perform the transaction you have requested; however, third parties are prohibited from using your personal data for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
- When you opt-in to share your personal data with third party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. Please note that once we share your personal data with a third party, the information received by the third party becomes subject to the third party's privacy practices.
- When you opt-in to share your personal data with carefully selected third parties through our services so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services.
- When we share personal data with third parties in connection with the sale of a business, to enforce our Terms of Service or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our customers and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our customers and third parties, to comply with legal process or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your personal data. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your account.
- You may change your choices for subscriptions and notifications.
- You may choose to opt-in and opt-out from products and services we offer through Jawger from third parties at any time.
- You may request access to the personal data we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
- You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal data, by following instructions provided in communications sent to you.
- In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal data from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children.
- Limiting our collection of personal data from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in the use of our Services.
- Notifying parents or guardians about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal data we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information.
- Giving parents or guardians access or the ability to request access to personal data we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal data be changed or deleted.
- When your child turns 18 years of age their Account can be converted from a Custodial Account to a regular account.
Legal Ground for Processing Personal Data
- Where required by law.
- Where necessary to continue providing services.
- Where the burden or expense of deleting such personal data would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question.
- For archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific, or historical research.
- Defense of legal claims.
Privacy by Design and by Default
Jawger as a Data Controller
Jawger's Use of Data Processors
|Amazon Web Services
|Cloud Service Provider
|Online Payment Processor